Monday, February 6, 2012

Overthinking!

These last few weeks have really had me thinking. Labor is such a weird thing! Especially for someone like me who is a wannabe planner. (Haha, there's no planning with the Lord and especially with childbirth but I like to have an idea about it at least!) But labor truly is so unknown. Who knows if I will go into labor on my own or have to be induced, if I'll go early or late, how painful it will be, if my water will break, if I'll be one of those ladies that doesn't even know she's in labor until she decides to go in and finds out she's at 8cm! (I wish!) I've been reading LOTS of birth stories...can you tell?

It's just so unknown that it made me a tad fearful the other day and I had to really rebuke that fear. My reasoning and fear started out this way....I was reading some birth stories and I started to realize a common trend....almost all of these women had had a terribly medicated first birth that was awful and painful and then went on to have an all natural birth and loved it! Now, me being a first time mom, I have absolutely NOTHING to compare the pain to which made me start doubting my threshold for pain and my body's ability.

I really haven't experienced much physical pain my my life. I've never broken a bone, had a surgery, or have had unbearable menstrual cramps. If I had to pick something as "most painful", I'd say it was the time I was bitten by a dog while on the job and it truthfully wasn't that bad. Don't get me wrong, it hurt!...but it wasn't excruciating. Does that mean I have a high tolerance for pain? No idea! Plus that was my hand and not my hoohah...so...who knows?! lol

What I do know is the Lord will carry me through this. I know it will be painful(just how painful is the scary unknown part), I know it will probably be the hardest thing I've ever done and I know it will be TOTALLY worth it. Plus,  everyone says you forget all about the pain the moment you see your baby. So, I also know that the pain wont last forever.

I've just been rebuking that fear and completely trusting the Lord. I'll also have wonderful support from my husband, the midwives and I'm praying from my mother as well. (Please keep her in your prayers! I'm trusting the Lord and claiming that she will be there!)

So after I had my "moment" of thinking way too much, the Lord swooped in and gave me perfect peace and excitement to meet my little guy. I am so thankful to serve the Lord. I can't imagine not having His perfect peace and safety net!

Love & Prayers!

3 comments:

  1. You will do great! And the Lord will carry you through it! Its natural to be anxious, hey I'm on my 4th and I still get anxious and go through waves of being a little scared, lol.
    We are praying for you!
    Lord Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Amanda said is perfect! Just try to stay calm and enjoy these special moments. The Lord will work everything out perfectly so no need to worry. Midwifes are amazing at reading your body, knowing what you need and making sure that you are well taken care of! So excited to hear your birth story soon, we will be praying for you and your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and I sooooo remember those cramps where you keep thinking that "this could be it"!!! lol. I had those with Kailee... so misleading! When it does happen though, you will definitely know they are for real! :D

    ReplyDelete