Thursday, January 26, 2012
Almost Full Term
(Preview from my shower. Jen made the diaper cake. Isn't it awesome!?)
This Sunday I will turn 37 weeks which is considered full term! My midwife says I'm in the home stretch and that he could really come at any time now. (Although most first time moms typically go a week past their due date, we'll just have to wait and see!) She also encouraged me to not keep my legs crossed as we were leaving our appointment yesterday. Bwahaha, I love my midwife! I am really praying that she is the one on call when I go into labor. She is super awesome and has a really sweet spirit. She also confirmed my suspicion that the baby had "dropped" a few weeks back and he's definitely head down and engaged in my pelvis. No wonder my pelvis has been feeling assaulted over the last week! At least I know he's in the proper position to make his debut!
Baby's movements are very big and painful most of the time now, but I still love to feel him move about (after I wince in pain lol) I can feel his little tootsies jabbing me on my right side a lot and he likes to stick his bum out under my left rib. It feels like he's pretty cramped in there! My midwife has been known to be an extremely good guesser at determining the baby's weight by palpating and at my appointment yesterday she said he's most definitely under 7lbs. So that was nice to hear...that I don't already have a 9lb baby that's going to cook another few weeks! Eeek!
Other than feeling like a beached whale, having hot flashes and being assaulted in my nether regions, I have felt pretty good! It has been a tremendous blessing to be able to stay home during this pregnancy. I can take a nap when I need to and do things at my own pace. I actually got my bum out for a walk today and it was great! I hope to be able to walk most days from now on, weather pending of course.
Emotionally, I am so ready to meet our little guy! I keep going into his closet to look at all his little clothes. I can't wait to hold him and love on him and I can't wait for him to meet his family! He's going to be one loved babe! On the flip side of that, I'm not necessarily looking forward to that whole labor part. lol I'm not really scared but I just don't know what to expect besides the obvious pain that's involved (they don't call it labor for nothing!) I don't know how I will react or what I'll be like in the throws of labor. I am leaving all of that up to the Lord though. I know my body was made to do this and that the Lord had me choose to deliver naturally (and at a free-standing birth center, where there is no access to any sort of pain control, no less. That just sounds horrible when I type it out...lol) because He knows that I can do it. I know He was the one to change my mind on how I wanted to deliver, so I know He will carry me through it.
It's still incredibly weird to think that M and I will be parents in just a few short weeks! I know M is going to be a great daddy. I can't wait to see him hold his son for the first time. That will be such a special moment for me and I'm sure for him! Love to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment