Monday, December 19, 2011
Third Trimester?!
When did that happen? Between moving and Winter camp etc, I haven't been keeping track of how far along I am. That one kind of snuck up on me.
It's so awesome to see how the Lord works. When I was researching a long time ago where I wanted to give birth, I stumbled upon the website of my now midwives center. It looked awesome and I really wanted to give birth there but we were about an hour away, so it wasn't feasible to go there. Fast forward to our move and now it's only 20 minutes away, just down the street from M's work. I hadn't even given a thought about the midwives center in relation to our move. The Lord totally worked that one out!
I had my first appointment there about a month ago and I am so thankful that the Lord showed me to go there. Our midwife is totally awesome and the birthing suites are too. We felt like we had known her for years and we could tell that she genuinely cares about us and our baby. I am excited to bring our little one into the world in a peaceable and loving setting.
To back track a little...After adamantly stating (before and right after I found out that I was pregnant ) that I wanted all the drugs and maybe even have a scheduled C-section, I decided to do some research about the different options for birthing (just in case). I searched the web, I read books and I watched a few documentaries on natural childbirth vs a medicated childbirth. After all this research, my decision completely changed.
I've decided to go the all natural route. No drugs of any kind (unless absolutely necessary, in which case I'll have to be transferred to the hospital just down the street) and I'm hoping to have a water birth. (So please pray for me! lol) I decided that this is the way to go for me. I don't look down on mothers that want or need drugs, I think it is definitely a personal decision and all mothers and births are different. Either way, that baby is coming out! Of course, no birth plan goes exactly the way you want it, so I'm claiming the good things and preparing for anything. I know the Lord will orchestrate the whole thing and I am at perfect peace about it.
I still can't believe that our little one is just around the corner. I'm feeling excited, nervous and anxious about it. I can't wait to meet our son and hold him for the first time but I'm also nervous about the transition to becoming a mother. I know it wont be all roses at first. I'm going to be tired and probably cranky from lack of sleep but I also know that I will eventually adjust and all of my mommy duties will come naturally. I just want to be good at it and handle the change well...lol.
Oh and we had our maternity photo shoot over the weekend. So much fun and awkward. I've learned that posing for the camera is not really my thing but we ended up getting a lot of good photos. That's a sneak peek up at the top. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment